Prose Diversity + Inclusion Action Plan
Own, Measure, Report
- Form a Diversity & Inclusion council of employees to foster a more inclusive and equitable workplace and customer experience
- Continue to run our Diversity + Inclusion survey and report results internally twice a year
- Run a pay equity audit before the next pay review process, at the end of the year
- Continue to track diversity of our applicant base
- Continue to track diversity within Marketing communication
- Track spend toward BIPOC and Female-owned businesses in our procurement
Source + Hire
- Actively recruit BIPOC for open roles across all departments, particularly our leadership team
- Source job candidates through a wider range of inclusive platforms
- Systematically assess opportunities to hire candidates with transferable skills
- Test blind recruitment on 5 manager-level positions & scale if successful
- Shift from a “Culture fit” to “Culture add” mentality in recruitment process
- Train all hiring managers to run unbiased interviews
- Continue to document and keep track of hiring process decisions
Develop + Retain
- Allocate $50K towards Training and Development to facilitate career advancement at Prose for manager-level and below
- Promote open positions internally and proactively assess internal candidates
- Mitigate pay discrepancies highlighted by equal pay audit, if any
Educate, Advocate + Support
- Juneteenth is now a company-wide holiday at Prose in the US and France. Employees will be encouraged to celebrate, learn and give back to their communities
- Publicly share our diversity & inclusion stats and initiatives in a dedicated page on our website, to be updated on a quarterly basis
- Match employee donation up to $100K a year for Diversity + Inclusion as well as Sustainability focused causes
- Launch a page on our website, outlining our US-based diversity + inclusion data, initiatives, metrics and more; Prose will update the information in an ongoing basis
- Host ongoing round-table lunch and learns to further our education and gain employee feedback
- Give preference to BIPOC and Female-owned business in our procurement process
This is just a start but we are extremely optimistic about the future of Prose.
As mentioned above, by the end of the month, we will launch a page on our website addressing our Diversity + Inclusion data and more. We know you want to see concrete numbers, we just kindly ask that you give our Tech team time to develop the page 🙂 . In the interim, we will be communicating our diversity data across our social media handles (@prose), if you’re interested in learning more now.
This is our promise to you:
We will continue to communicate on the topic of social change.
We will continue to keep you updated about diversity + inclusion at Prose.
We will continue to support the Black community, POC, and all other marginalized groups.
We will continue to use our platform to fight for racial justice.
Now, always and forever.
Arnaud, Paul and Nicolas, Co-Founders of Prose
Featured image illustration: sacrée frangine