Blow dry method
This method is the quickest way to stretch your hair without disturbing your curl pattern and takes less than 5 minutes.
- Begin with fully dried hair. Really make sure your roots are dry because wet hair will continue to shrink even after it’s been stretched.
- Using a blowdryer with a nozzle attachment on medium heat, focus directly on the roots of hair while gently tugging at the ends.
- For best results work in sections to shape hair as you go.
This is a heatless method that can be done in just a few hours or overnight. The one drawback to this method is that it will also stretch curls throughout the lengths of your hair.
- Start on fully dried hair and separate hair into 2 pigtails.
- Using cloth hair elastics or scrunchies, begin wrapping the elastics down the length of each ponytail.
- Be sure to wrap all the way down to the ends. For those with longer hair you may need 2 or 3 for each side.
- Let hair sit for several hours or overnight for best results.
Another heatless method to stretching out your length is to set your hair in bantu knots, flat twists or braids. These styles can be done on both wet or dry hair and, depending on the look you’re going for, can be really fun in changing up your style!