What Exactly Is Acai?
Acai berries grow in the rain forests of South America. To eat them, they need to be soaked and then mashed up to make a paste. These small reddish-purple fruits have been eaten for many years, providing people with lots of rich antioxidants. In the Amazon region, they’re considered a staple food, but they’ve gained a lot of popularity around the globe. These berries are particularly useful for your well-being because of their nutritional value.
If you’re wondering what they taste like, they’re described as having an earthy flavor that is a mix between blackberries and chocolate that hasn’t been sweetened.
The Hair Benefits
Okay, so now it’s time to talk about what they can do for your hair. Trust us, you’ll be impressed.
1. Acai berries contain vitamin A and E which can help protect against environmental damage to your hair. The acai creates a protective barrier for your hair to lessen its exposure to chemicals and toxins. This can help prevent premature hair loss from occurring.
2. They can also add elasticity to your hair and make it easier to brush. This way, your hair is less likely to split or become brittle. It also makes your hair easier to style and decreases frizz. No one likes spending time on their hair and having it ruined by humidity.
3. Acai berries can help seal water into your hair and keep your scalp conditioned. This is especially great for people who struggle with scalp itchiness or rednesseczema or psoriasis. An irritated scalp can be a major pain. Acai can also make your hair appear shinier and softer.
4. The oil extracted from acai can also help strengthen your hair because of its zinc content and vitamins B1, 2, and 3. All of these ingredients contribute to nourishing hair follicles. This helps prevent your hair from thinning or becoming dull, making it great for curly, textured strands or hair that’s been chemically treated.
5. Acai can also promote hair growth because of the proteins and healthy fats in the berries. The berries contain ingredients that promote blood circulation, which is essential for hair growth. Hair follicles need oxygen and proper nutrition to go through the growth cycle.
And those are just some of the benefits of acai berries. The list goes on and on!
Where Can I Find Acai In Hair Products?
Acai berries are made into oil and put into many different products for hair. At Prose, acai oil is used in our Hair Oil and our Shimmer Hair Oil.
Our Hair Oil is made to treat and style your hair, as it helps protect your strands and smoothes frizz. It contains other ingredients, too, that help you achieve your dream hair. This includes grapeseed oil, shea oil, cucumber oil, and rosehip oil. These oils help repair, renew, and bring moisture to each hair.
Prose’s Shimmer Hair Oil is made with gold and bronze powders to make your hair sparkle and shine. It’s a limited edition, so grab it while you can.
Both of these products from Prose are custom made for your hair needs. All you have to do is take a short hair quiz as a form of consultation, and we’ll get started creating a specific hair oil just for you! We understand that everyone’s hair is different and that shampoo and conditioner is not a one size fits all situation. That’s why we work so hard to formulate products made to keep your hair healthy and strong.
Other Ingredients For Your Hair
Prose is all about natural ingredients that are backed by science to help your hair. If acai has piqued your interest in all things healthy hair, here are some of the best things to include in your shampoo and conditioner.
- Coconut oil is sometimes seen as a miracle product. It’s frequently used for hair, skin, and cooking. Coconut oil can help nourish dry hair and encourage a healthy scalp as well—try this oil as a hair mask by itself, or add it to your custom formula.
- Avocado oil is an excellent moisturizer that can deeply penetrate your hair follicles. It can also aid in reducing shedding and strengthening the hair shaft. Avocado oil can even help keep UV rays from damaging your strands.
- Castor oil has antibacterial properties and can increase the blood circulation to your scalp while simultaneously balancing your scalp pH and working to prevent scalp infections. You can find castor oil in our hair masks.
- Grape seed oil has been used for centuries to help treat skin disorders and even smallpox. It has the ability to increase shine, softness, and silkiness in your hair. Grape seed can also help prevent frizz, mend split ends, and allow hair to grow longer without breaking
ONLY GOOD HAIR DAYS—
What goes into your Prose is just as good as what you get out of it.
Other Benefits Of Acai
We thought you might be interested in some of the other things acai berries can help with.
Here are a few:
- Acai berries can help detoxify your body and get rid of harmful contaminants.
- They can also promote healthy digestion. These berries are sometimes used as a natural way to treat diarrhea and prevent constipation.
- Acai berries may also help your cognitive function. The berries can help protect your brain from damage as you get older.
- These berries can also increase your energy levels because of their high concentration of proteins and healthy fats.
- Acai berries can also improve the health of your skin. They have been known to lighten scars and help prevent breakouts.
How Prose Works
If you’re interested in adding acai to your hair routine, we’ve got you covered. Our process is simple and easy for creating products made for you.
The first step is the consultation. This is where we learn all about your hair and what it’s been through. We’ll ask you about your diet and where you live to get the full picture so that we can create a formula that’s fully customized for you and your lifestyle.
The next step is creating the full routine of custom hair care products. The ingredients that go into these products will be specifically added to tend to your hair needs. We know you’ll love the results, that’s why we offer our guarantee.
The final step is known as Review & Refine. This is where you give us feedback about your formula and how it’s working for you. We can tweak the formula to evolve with your hair as it changes.
The Bottom Line
Acai is a great way to step up your hair game. You can find it here at Prose, as well as at your local grocery store if you’d like to make a smoothie. All of our products are free of harsh sulfates, parabens, and alcohols because we believe in clean and responsible beauty.
Hair care is all about finding the right balance of healthy ingredients for your hair. No matter what you’re looking for, we’re here to make it happen for you!
ONLY GOOD HAIR DAYS—
Think of us as your partner in haircare. Start with our innovative consultation.